Sunday, October 09, 2005

Wrong Wrong Wrong

Me to you: Have you ever been so excited and rushed, and late for service, that you literally ran into the wrong church?

You to me: Amenah, you're crazy.

Me to you: Well. Go ahead and laugh. But I really was looking forward to visitng another church--River Side.

You to me: How in the great big world did you ever successfully do it?

Me to you: I ran in. How did I know that the church I really wanted to go into was right next door. I mean, this building had a huge cross on it, i figured, what are the odds, its the right church, right? Wrong. I mean, the directions from mapquest got me to the right street, i just didn't look at the address number, nor the big sign by the door that did NOT say River Side Church.

You to me: Amenah, you're crazy.

Me to you: You try to live under the pressure I live under. I mean, what was I suppose to do, look at the old man greeting people at the door, look at my watch, and exclaim, "boy, this is the wrong church!" and run out? I had no alternative. No turning back. It was, in fact, the First Church of Christ.

You to me: Did you at least have a good time?

Me to you: Well, you know, it was good to sing good ol' fashion hymns again. But the sermon lasted 15 minutes!!! Can you believe it? I looked at my watch, and almost fell out of my chair when the pastor dude stopped preaching after 15 minutes! I'm still in disbelief!

You to me: Well, what was the message?

Me to you: It was actually pretty solid. it was on rejoicing amidst trials. Right out of one of my favorite verses in Philippians. And this guy from Wilmar MN kept thanking God for the visitor(s) today, while everyone nodded at me. I feel like I was the only visitor. They were awfully friendly. And they want me to come back.
Well, I have to Church hop a bit more, before that's settled.

You to me: Amenah, you're still crazy.

Me to you: Did you know that along with all the other good stuff Church has to offer, I benefit from being updated on world news? I don't watch tv, i really hsould listen to MPR. But I just found out about Pakistan, India, Afghanistan's huge earthquake during prayer. i was again, in disbelief.

You to me: That's it? That's all you have to say about the earthquake? Come on Amenah, I know you have some thoughts.

Me to you: I really do. but I'd better save it for my evening post. You see, I have to make dinner for company now. I'm experimenting on Adobo chicken, a Filipino dish. but I will write more.


(inspired by Josh Yeoh's interview with himself, all rights reserved)

BTW: HAPPY BDAY FORREST!!!

No comments: