Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Joy

"Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for jot that a human being has been born into the world. Therefore, you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now, you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full..."~John 16:20-24

I have no idea why, but I was having a dreadful day on Sunday. I was not looking forward to Monday, and I was behind on comps. BUT then, I talked to my younger brother, Hammad--and he made my day worth it. I decided that no matter what happened on Monday, I would have that joy from talking with him. AND then, I got some...sigh...bad news...the next day....Okay, so I got rejected from U of Pitts. It ALMOST ruined my day. I was seriuosly on the verge of tears in class (actually, they were brimmin full). Ha, it was funny, because in class we were talking about desire, and relationships, and I was desparately trying not to cry (i had read the reject letter like right before class) so if someone saw me, they would have thought I was crying about the discussion! heh. On a side note, I was quite disappointed--to say the least--about our conclusion in class--that love doesn't overcome certain things. Baloney squaggle! let me tell you about what Paul says to the Corinthians! I may be naive, a bit too much of a romantic, but LOVE does conquer! I must believe this, I owe it to my mother. Anyway, so I was upset, right, and I moped around all day....Took this pity nap, and then, ANOTHER blessing---I got to talk to both Abdullah and Omaimah! my younger sibs who i haven't talked to in.....too long! I miss them so much. OH I wish I could see them! they've grown up, and are doing awesome things. such smart sibs i have. i know Paul would rebuke me, but I am SO proud of my brothers and sisters!

Okay, so, it doesn't end there.
Worship was great that night, but the next day, that would be today, IMRAN called!! total excitement! Imran, I miss you sooooooo much, you have no idea.....thank you for your prayers. and i am praying for you.

Then i get this other phone call about a job offer....YES. indeed, if I accept, which I haven't yet, I will be teaching both an Infectious Diseases course and Pre-Medical course either at Wellesley or Yale this summer!!!! Totally awesome.
So the take home message: I was quite sad for a moment--in much despair--and it was over just like that. This Saturday, I had prayed for encouragement, and I received it. God is so good to me!

I just got back from this induction ceremony....sigma xi....and i am so stuffed on cheese cake. anyway, so i'm gonna go back to my draft writing.....bleh, me want to watch a movie....:)

No comments: