What, do I have a sign on my back that says , "hit on me"????
so i'm sitting there outside of Cub foods, minding my own bizness, waiting for my sister to pick me up, munching on the Lucky Charms I had just bought.
This dude, he must be like 17 (I thought) comes up, "Man, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are."
Me: "Come again?" with a mouthful of lucky charms.
I'm wearing my Explo orange T-shirt (hasn't been washed in a week, and I've worn it like 10 times), my blue sweat pants, my hair is in pig tails, I hadn't washed my face yet, barely brushed my teeth.
Him: "Well, you're beautiful, I was sittin over there, and there you were."
Me: "Wow, well thanks..."
Him: "What's your name?"
Me, hesitating: "Amenah. And yours?"
Him: "Nick. Yeah, well, I'm new to here. What do you do for fun?"
Me: "I'm not really from here, just visiting my sister."
Him: "Well...oh. okay. Well, I was wondering, i want to meet new people. I was thinking, maybe you and I could kick it--you know, do dinner or maybe a movie."
Me: "heh! ( i really did laugh) I barely know you!"
Him: "Well it's not like it's marriage or something."
Me: "honey, how old are you?"
Him: "20. how 'bout you?'
Me, incredulous, and still feeling older: "Oh, um. 22"
Him: "See, you're only a bit older. so how 'bout it?"
Me: "Thanks, I'm flattered. But, I'm really not interested right now. Not the right time. Besides, I'm not from here."
Him: "Are you sure, I mean...( i nod my head, trying REALLY hard not to laugh out of disbelief) okay....nice meeting you." He walks off.
I'm in disbelief. Once again.
There must be a record for this. Being hit on in Bloomington.
AND i've never even had a boyfriend. this is hilarious.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment